PBS-18 XR5 Auto-gated ONYX (B&W) Night Vision Device.
The PBS-18 is a tactical multi-purpose lightweight monocular which incorporates an unique to the industry high powered 75mW (up to 3x more powerful than its competitors) invisible to the human eye medium range infrared illuminator.
Unique features -
- The high powered infrared illuminator assists with tasks that have to be performed in complete darkness such as underneath vehicle apparatus placements, equipment repairs, close-combat navigation etc.
- Incorporates extremely high quality optics to compliment all high quality imaging systems such as large Megapixel dSLR’s & HD Digital video cameras ensuring the highest possible resolution images.
- Incorporating GSCI proprietary/unique UBX™ digital technology, provides a quick start for a 'sleepy' IIT = reliable start-up's… no more time delays as the Image Intensifier Tube warms up when initially switched on.The kit is instantly operationally when switched on!!
- UBX™ additionally extends the battery life & allows the kit to operate with the batteries installed incorrectly/wrong way up, saving valuable time & frustration from not having to stuff around in the dark trying to get the battery’s orientation correct.
- The unique technology additionally avoids damage normally caused to a NVD
when the batteries are incorrectly installed.
- Available in Gen II+, XD-4, XD-4 ONYX, XR5 & XR5 ONYX Image Intensifier Tubes (IIT)
- Low battery and Infrared Illuminator “ON” flashing LED indicators are built into the eyepiece field of view (FOV)
- Easily & simply attached to a digital camera, dSLR &/or a camcorder
- Features a unique ergonomic design that allows convenient single-handed operation and dramatically minimizes the probability of user errors in extreme operating conditions.
- Operates on a single CR123 Lithium battery to keep the weight to a minimum & guarantees reliable long time service at all temperatures.
- Incorporates 2x tripod mounts.
- The PBS-18 is ruggedised & submersible up to 2 meters underwater.
- Kit can be utilised as mono-goggles in conjunction with optional head gear.
- Additionally, optional mountings such as helmet mounts and rifle mounts are also available.
- The kit is compatible with most Infrared Laser aiming and illuminating devices.
- PBS-18 can be used for longer range observations as a handheld device with optional 3x, 4x & 5x afocal snap-on magnification lenses.
- PBS-18 is easy to use, very small, lightweight and effective system for any night-time application.
|1x CR123 battery – life 50+ hours|
|Built in accordance to GSCI proprietary LDH™ Concept (Light Durable Housing). Strong, durable, light weight, polycarbonate housing.|
- 3x, 4x 5x snap-on magnifications lenses
- Head gear
- Helmet mount
Australian & New Zealand procurements -
There are dispensations by the Export Controls Division, Export & Import Controls Bureau, International Trade Canada's export restrictions for resident purchases by non-government end users ~ re-export from Australia requires both Australian Department of Defence ~ Defence Export Controls licencing (www.defence.gov.au/ExportControls) and International Trade Canada permissions.