COTI Small Clip-On Thermal Imager
The COTI small clip on thermal imager provides a 'thermal overlay' for NVD's & NVG's.
• Improve visibility in no/low-light situations including smoke & dust conditions
• Detect thermal sources
• See through basic camouflage
• See into dark openings such as windows and doorways
• Detect residual heat: see if people have been in a room or vehicle used recently
• Economical & convenient
• Find people in search-and-rescue situations
♦ Mounts to most I² devices
♦ Adds thermal capability
♦ Small and lightweight
♦ Extended operating time
♦ Attaches/detaches in seconds
♦ Simple and easy to use
♦ MIL-SPEC and battle-proven
♦ Minimal training required
Clip and Go Thermal Imaging for your NVD
The COTI easily attaches to existing Night Vision Devices (NVD's) to enhance/provide additional capabilities. Low power consumption, optimal sensor technology, and high-performance optics integrate seamlessly to provide state-of-the-art long-wave infrared technology.
Since COTI mounts on currently existing NVD's with a bracket, the clip-on technology allows increased capabilities without the need to refit helmets with special equipment.
Small and lightweight
The small and lightweight design consumes very little power providing extended use. Additionally, COTI being waterproof to 20 meters and with it's rugged construction can withstand the harshest environments.
Adds thermal capability
When added to a standard I² system, COTI enables the user to detect thermal sources and improve situational awareness. Even in pitch-black, no-light, adverse environmental conditions, recognition range extends dramatically. With COTI, the user is even able to see into darkened openings and detect residual heat – situational awareness at the highest level.
COTI and Standard Issue NVDs
The COTI enhances the functionality of currently fielded NVD‘s by adding a
thermal image overlay to the I² scene without modifying existing hardware.
This addition of thermal imaging capability provides two major benefits:
- thermal detection capabilities while using most NVD‘s
- increased situational awareness in extreme low light, no light, or foliated
conditions where I² devices are limited.
Additionally, the COTI system contains a powerful internal micro-processor
that permits custom configuration of the unit.
The variable user configuration enables the best mission centric performance.
|320 x 240 pixel uncooled LWIR microbolometer|
|150 gms (5.8 oz) including battery|
|140 x 38 x 76 mm|
|1x (optical unity)|
|Fielf of View|
|20° circular, centered|
Thermal Range Clear Obscured
Detection > 500 m > 500 m
Recognition > 300 m > 300 m
|8 - 12 μm|
|1x 3VDC Lithium, type CR 123A|
|Operating time (one battery) > 3.0 h @ 23°C
Operating time (auxiliary battery pack) > 8.0 h @ 23°C
Combined operating time (without change of batteries) > 11.0 h @ 23°C
|NOM COTI Sovas Imager
LIN FA 5509
|Left or Right Eye - Quick Release Fitting|
|White hot or black hot|
|• Mounting Bracket (PVS-7, -14, -23 or -15, -18)
• Lens Cleaner
• Storage Pouch
• Operator’s Manual
• Quick Guide
• Mounting Bracket (PVS-7, -14, -15, -18, -23)
• Picatinny Mounting Bracket (PVS-22, 24, 26, UNS-SR, LR)
• Eyepiece Adaptor for COTI conversion to handheld imager
• Auxiliary Battery Pack
• Battery Pack Helmet Adaptor
• Custom Menu Configuration
* Export of the commodities described herein from the United States of America are strictly prohibited without a valid export licence issued by the U.S. Department of State - Office of Defence Trade Controls prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation, Parts 120-130 ~ re-export from Australia requires both Australian Department of Defence licensing (www.defence.gov.au/ExportControls/) and US State &/or Commerce Dept's permissions.