ONV I Night Vision Goggles
The ONV-I Night Vision Goggle is a lightweight (500gram) versatile Goggle.
Uniquely, the Goggle is available in 56 'non-controlled' Image Intensifier Tube options, ranging from none or auto-gated, manual or auto-gain, P-43 (green) or P-45 (B&W) output and numerous 'Figure of Merit' options from FOM800 - FOM2300.
The kit incorporates a 20mW, 940nm covert IR illuminator, providing IR illumination out to 15-20 meters in ‘normal’ ambient lighting conditions.
The optional Katod Safety Photo Sensor (auto shut-off) automatically shuts-down the NVD when exposed to the excessive bright light (over 40lx) for 60 seconds or more, thus protecting the Image Intensifier Tube (IIT) from catastrophic failure.
The auto-gating option is designed to enhance the integrity of image (resolution & contrast wise) that the operator observes in dynamic lighting conditions, such as observing a vehicle with headlights on or entering an illuminated enclosure at night. Without auto-gating, the user would only see an image saturated with light green colour (similar to ‘flaring’ or ‘blooming’), an image without any detail. With auto-gating, even under dynamic lighting conditions… the perfect image. The included as standard ABC (Automatic Brightness Control) ensures the observed image isn’t over-exposed.
The ONV-I has an optional head mount complete with auto off / auto on flip up capability and is easy to operate.
Low battery indicator & IR-'on' indicator in viewfinder field-of-view.
Tube MTBF - 10,000hrs
Operating mode switch and battery compartment cover are easy to use even when operating in gloves.
Corrosion-proof and water-proof construction ensuring long service-fife in the field.
'Controlled/Restricted Supply ~ Strictly Australian State & Federal Gov't
Law Enforcement agencies only... No Exemptions'
- LLC Katod Corporate
- FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
- INTERNATIONAL MOVEMENTS CONTROLS
- High resolution & high sensitivity
- Optional ‘safety photo sensor’ prevents accidental operation during daylight
- Low battery indicator in eyepiece
- IR illuminator 'on' in eyepiece
- Available with 56 different image intensification/night vision tube options
- Immersion 0.5m (30 minutes)
- Up to 40hrs from 1x AA battery
- Auto Brightness Control (ABC) and Flash Protection
- Optional Manual Gain
- Operates on 2x AA batteries
- Shock resistance - 5G
- Construction - corrosion resistant material
- Dioptre adjustment
- Operating temperature -50°C - +55°C
- Weight 500gms
- Dimensions 187 x 132 x 58
- Covert surveillance
- Special Ops
- Special Forces
- Law Enforcement
- Correctional Services
* Australian & New Zealand procurements -
There are dispensations of origin Defence export restrictions for resident purchases by non-government end users ~ re-export from Australia requires Australian Department of Defence (DECO) licencing ( www.defence.gov.au/ExportControls/).